Friday, May 6, 2011

Time flies...when you're in college

On my last day of junior year classes, I can't believe that in a week I can technically call myself a senior. Despite bittersweet emotion, I cannot help but feel ecstatic at the thought of being finished with most of my major courses.

I am also quite proud of myself that not once this year did I change anything about my area of study...for me, that is considered an accomplishment. Heading to my final Critical Theory and Practice class, I realize that I have rediscovered my love for English, which I don't think I've experienced since AP Lit during my senior year of high school. Analyzing criticism and discussion were the foundations of the class , which provided new means of interpretation that I had never considered. But then again, I do not have a PhD, nor am I a psychoanalyst. However, I have gained new perspective, and now I actually look forward to reading books in a different manner. More importantly, I feel that I have rediscovered my passion for reading that I've had for as long as I can remember but has been somewhat inhibited by the amount of assigned reading throughout high school and college, and I believe that is one of the most essential values to receive from education.

No comments:

Post a Comment