Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let us rejoice and be glad

This day could not have been any better to celebrate Easter. My family spent most of the day at home; my sister and I woke up to Easter baskets and an egg hunt (because no one is ever too old for Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs) and enjoyed a delicious french toast breakfast before going to Church. Following a day of cold rain and gray skies, I wholeheartedly welcomed the seventy degree weather and we took advantage of being outside before sitting down to our early dinner. With everything in bloom and the distinct smell of spring in the air, I'm willing to embrace allergies for the chance to leave the windows open for awhile.

On days like today, I cannot help but think about how grateful I am to have been raised with so much love and immersed in my faith. Such a simple way of spending this special day makes me able to appreciate its bearing. This weekend home was certainly refreshing and I think I am ready to complete my final three weeks of junior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment